The Bell @ Westoning
Wines from around the world, but of course, a little biased towards
Italy(!). This is our selection of White, Red Rose & sparkling specially
chosen by us to compliment or food (or just to drink if you prefer!).
1. Borsari Inzolia - Scicilia, Italy
The Inzolia grape is indigenous to Sicily where it produces a delicious, light herbal and lemon aroma with a warm peachy flavour.
2. Solstice Chardonnay - Scicilia, Italy
Sicily is leading a wine revolution for Europe. Bright, clean unadulterated fresh citrus and peach with a clean vibrant finish.
3. Altoritas Sauvignon Blanc - Central Valley, Chile
Bright, refreshing, herbaceous aromas 4.25
with gentle gooseberry and lemon fruit.
4. Parini Pinot Grigio - Veneto, Italy
Distinctive nose of wild flowers, with touches of honey and banana; dry, but not excessively so, soft, fresh and lively with notes of ripe pear.
5. Bolla Soave Classico - Italy
Bouquet of apricot and pepper, dry yet with soft acidity and a creamy almond palate, a
blending of the highly prized Trebbiano di Soave grape variety.
6. Rare Vineyards Marsanne-Viognier, Pays d’Oc, France
Soft and aromatic with notes of peach blossom and citrus on the deliciously refreshing finish.
7. Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc - Marlborough, New Zealand
Generous and lifted, showing powerful aromas of nettle and snow pea: the palate bursts with fresh citrus, grapefruit and melon notes.
8. Leasingham Bin 7 Riesling - Clare Valley, Australia
A mouth-watering concentration of fresh lime
and citrus spices follow a delicate jasmine aroma.
SILVER (2010) Decanter World Wine Awards 2011
SILVER (2010) International Wine Challenge 2011
9. Petit Chablis, J. Moreau et Fils - France
Made in classic Chablis style, it is lean and elegant with underlying Chardonnay fruit
from the northern tip of Burgundy.
10. Whispering Hills White Zinfandel - California, USA
Loads of fresh summer-fruit flavours and lively acidity. Medium-bodied to appeal to most palates, California’s own Zinfandel.
11. Parini Pinot Grigio Rosé delle Venezie, Italy
Soft, coppery-pink colour; delicate and fruity bouquet; soft and fresh on the palate.
12. Solandia Nero d’Avola, Terre Siciliane, Italy
This wonderful indigenous grape produces Shiraz like flavours and spice with the extra bit of juicy fruit, liquorice and vanilla.
13. Short Mile Bay Shiraz, SE Australia
Ripe blackcurrant and bramble fruit, with a hint of black pepper spice on the finish.
14. Altoritas Merlot - Central Valley, Chile
Classic gooseberry flavours enhanced by tropical fruit and zesty lemon.
15. Callia Lunaris Malbec, San Juan Argentina
Enticing aromas of cherry, plum with a background of warming spice, with freshness to the finish.
16. Marqués de Morano Rioja Crianza Tinto, Spain
Mazuelo adds a ripe cherry chunkiness to the smooth raspberries and cream style of Tempranillo.
17. Da Luca Primitivo, Puglia, Italy
Dark liquorice nose, with black cherry, and cinnamon hints; a dark brooding character.
18. Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Vigne Nuove, Valle Reale, Italy
Exuding spectacular blueberry and plum flavours, very rich, mouth-filling, warm and upfront with liquorice hints.
19. Passori Rosso, Veneto Italy
Rich, smooth red wine, showing plum and dried fruit followed by notes of spice and vanilla.
20. Chianti Celsus, Trambusti,Italy
Delicious, modern Chianti with fragrant cherry and truffle aromas followed by a silky rich and smooth vanilla finish.
21. Valpolicella Classico, Superiore Ripasso Le Poiane, Bolla, Italy
The traditional ripasso technique of fermentation on famous Amarone skins, entices reminiscence of Christmas dates and soft prune richness.
22. Barolo Cru Ravera Lo Zoccolaio, Domini Villa Lanata, Italy
Intense, perfumed, floral and cherry aromas.The palate shows typically dark fruits with
savoury notes and minerally nuances on the long, lingering finish.
22. Vin Santo del Chianti Serelle, Ruffino
Aged and fermented in small oak barrels, concentrated, honeyed, candied fruit.
24. Galanti Prosecco Extra Dry - Italy
Fine, persistent, soft fizz surrounds a fruit spectrum of apple, pear with a hint of peach.
25. Bouché Père et Fils Cuvée Réservée Brut, France
Family passion takes all three grapes from south of Epernay and results in bubbles of
baked apple deliciousness.
SILVER (NV) International Wine Challenge 2011
26.Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut, France
Reflecting the traditions of the past, this is full, yet dry and has a rich, creamy style with biscuity flavours.
BRONZE (NV) Decanter World Wine Awards 2011
BRONZE (NV) International Wine Challenge 2011
27. Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé Brut, France
The briefest liaison with grape skins tantalisingly leaves this delicate colour yet exudes a floral fragrance evolving soft red berry richness.
SILVER (NV) Decanter World Wine Aw ards 2011
SILVER (NV) International Wine Challenge 2011
28. Bollinger La Grande Année Brut, France
Very dry vintage Champagne, Pinot Noir opulence exudes exceptionally fine power
and finesse. The rich toasty fullness is simply mouth-filling.
The Bell at Westoning, the place to eat
The Bell at Westoning Greenfield Road Westoning Bedfordshire MK45 5JH